Saturday, August 4, 2012

Art Fair

Well my toe has healed up nicely and is now growing a new toenail!  You can hardly tell with my pink nail polish on it :-)

Been a busy summer.  Taking in gymnastic camp, working on tumbling four afternoons a week plus Sundays usually.  Developing new skills and improving on the old.

Doing something new this Saturday.  My Grand-mother, Brenda and Aunt Kellie (my Nanny's sister) are going to have a booth in the Dooryard Art Fair on Saturday, Aug 11th.  Gramps suggested Lyvia and I put a few pieces of our art in the fair too, so we are! I have four that I've done and Lyvia and I also did up bookmarks, made from paintings Nanny did on watercolour paper and we cut glue and decorate. They are really pretty and different.

It's was hard finding time to come to Nanny's studio and work with her on some small canvases and bookmarks, but we got it done.  Nanny's helped put the finishing touches to our pieces so I'm pretty pleased with how they are turning out.

The first piece (at the top of this post) is made using insulation foam, kind of looks like ocean coral to me and the second is made using Gorilla Glue and crackle.    Sure hope to see some of you there!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there :) these pieces of art are so pretty, could you tell me what was the process? What kind of material was used for adding in the color?

    ReplyDelete

Leave A Comment!